Lecturing Fellow, Senior in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Paul Fearis joined Duke after 28 years in the medical device design consulting industry with PDD, Sagentia and latterly his own consultancy Clinvue.
Originally trained in Industrial Design Engineering at the Royal College of Art and in Mechanical Design at Cranfield Institute of Technology in the United Kingdom, Paul helped to define and bring to market a broad range of medical devices for both multinational corporations and startups in the United States and around the world.
Paul specializes in human-centric product design with particular emphasis on front-end innovation and product specification processes, including ethnographic observational research and the identification of unmet, underserved and unarticulated clinical/stakeholder needs.
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.A. Royal College of Art (UK), 1990
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- CULANTH 590: Selected Topics
- EGRMGMT 590: Advanced Topics in Engineering Management
- EGRMGMT 590L: Advanced Topics in Engineering Management (with Lab)
- I&E 720: Biodesign
- I&E 721: Design in Healthcare 2
- STRATEGY 898: Special Topics